Conflict Management for Pharmacists
- Retail pharmacists
- pharmacy owners
About This Course
This video lessons that can help pharmacists learn useful conflict management skills.
Each lesson provides in-depth instruction on a different conflict management topic.
Any workspace might include conflicts between coworkers from time to time, and pharmacies are no exception. Pharmacists who would like to improve their conflict management skills can go through this chapter and watch our online lessons covering all aspects of this subject.
The topics in this course:
- Styles and strategies of conflict management
- Assertive communication skills
- Comparing verbal aggressiveness and argumentativeness
- Practical Application: Assessing Assertive communication skills
- How cultural differences affect conflict resolution
Our lesson instructors have experience teaching these very topics, so pharmacists learn the most relevant and up-to-date information on workplace conflict management. Once they have finished viewing all of the lessons, pharmacists can also test their understanding of these topics by taking the lesson quizzes and the final chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Offers strategies: Included in these lessons are key definitions and strategies that can be used to improve conflict management skills.
- Focuses on behavior: By providing analysis of the role of behavior in conflict and communication, these lessons can help pharmacists maintain actions that are most conducive to a conflict-free work environment.
- Examines culture: Pharmacists can go over the ways in which cultural differences can affect conflict resolution and how to use these differences to better resolve conflicts.
After watching these video lessons, pharmacists will be able to:
- Understand the most important strategies for resolving conflicts
- Improve their workplace behavior to minimize conflicts and maximize communication
- Understand the different types of aggressive personalities they may encounter
- Use cultural differences to avoid and resolve conflicts
- Where is use of the left hand inappropriate?
- Why is verbal aggressiveness often considered to be a skill deficiency?
- You are running a 5K race and are in the lead. Suddenly, another runner pushes you and you fall. You think it was done on purpose, but you decide not to say anything. It was just a race, anyway. This is an example of which communication style?
- A friend forgot your birthday last year, so you 'forget' to send her a birthday card this year. This is an example of which communication style?
- 'I feel disappointed when you forget my birthday.' This is an example of which assertive communication technique?
As the result of the course, you will be able to identify:
- What Is Conflict Management? - Its Definition, Styles & Strategies
- Assertive Communication Skills: Definition & Behaviors
- Practical Application: Assessing Assertive Communication Skills
- Comparing Verbal Aggressiveness & Argumentativeness
- Cultural Differences in Conflict Responses